Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yummy salad

I am loving this salad from my friend Mary. I asked for the recipe and I'm going to make it for dinner.

Crunchy Romaine Salad (our favorite salad!)
SERVES 4 -6
Dressing
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Salad

1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles – do not boil
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
1 bunch broccoli, coarsely chopped
1 head romaine lettuce
2 cups fresh strawberries
(I also add a small amount of feta cheese)
For dressing combine all ingredients in an air-tight container and shake.
Break Ramen noodles into small pieces, discarding the flavor packet. Brown the noodles and pecans in the butter in a skillet.
Drain on paper towels and cool.
Combine the noodles, pecans, broccoli, romaine and green onions in a salad bowl and mix gently.
Add dressing to coat.

No comments: