Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Beef & Bell Peppers with Lemon Grass
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 lb lean beef tenderloin
2 T vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
1 lemon grass stem, shredded finely
1 inch piece fresh ginger root, chopped finely
1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 onion, sliced thickly
1 T lime juice
boiled noodles or rice
1. Cut beef into long, thin strips, cutting cross the grain.
2. Heat the oil in large skillet or wok over a high heat. Add garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add beef and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, or until lightly colored. Stir in the lemon grass and ginger, and remove wok from the heat.
4. Remove the beef from the skillet or wok, and keep to one side. Add the bell peppers and onion to the skillet or wok, and stir-fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until onions just turn golden brown and are slightly softened.
5. Return the beef to the skillet, stir in lime juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper Serve with noodles or rice.